Prev: [FT] [URL] Imperium/Full Thrust campaign Next: Re: Silent Death minis [OT]

RE: [SG2] Terrain

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 18:39:23 +1000
Subject: RE: [SG2] Terrain

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Barclay [mailto:Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, 13 October 1998 4:00 PM
To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
Subject: [SG2] Terrain

>Strikes me that one of the ways to use 'terrain' cards, as it were,
>would be to make up a series of terrain tiles (either graphically or

Terrain tiles are a great idea, unfortunately a lot of people neihter
have
them nor can afford them. I know a few people who use tiles; 12", 24"
and
also a couple are doing 4'x2' reversible!

The system we've used in some of our games is simply to break the table
into
sectors (12"x12", 24"x24" or quarters or whatever doesn't matter) and
then
take it in turns to fill the gaps! This has worked quite well and is
able to
be used with whatever terrain you have available. It also allows the
defender to acheive one of the Maxims of war "fight the enemy on ground
of
your own choosing". If he wants a dirty big hill to sit on then he can
have
a good chance of finding one!

Some people disregard the importance of balanced terrain a game but IMHO
it
is something that is very important in the low level tactical game like
SG
and even DS.

So, I think I'd rather see some guidlines on terrain in the scenario
cards
rather than a complete random setting.

Cheers,

Owen

Prev: [FT] [URL] Imperium/Full Thrust campaign Next: Re: Silent Death minis [OT]