Prev: RE: Upcoming events Next: RE: Imperium/Full Thrust campaign

Re: Imperium/Full Thrust campaign

From: Jon Davis <davis@a...>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 21:54:24 -0400
Subject: Re: Imperium/Full Thrust campaign

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> the Vilani more missile heavy and the Terrans more beam heavy. I
> might have went the other way. I always figured beams were the more
> 'classic' armament (massive laser bays, PA barbettes, etc) for a
> high-tech society.

Based on the Imperium combat factors, the Vilani have a heavy missile
armament and the Terrans have a heavy beam armament.  The Terran
Missile Boat is a design to help compensate for the weapons imbalance.

Long range combat uses the missile combat factor.  Short range
combat uses the beam weapon factor.

The combat in Imperium is conducted initially at long range where only
missile factors are used for the CRT.  After each combat round, a roll
is made for the range for the next combat round.  The Terrans will
typically desire to go to short range where their beam weapons will
be superior.

Therefore, the Vilani will have a first fire without much of a Terran
response in most fleet combat actions.

Jon
davis@albany.net

Prev: RE: Upcoming events Next: RE: Imperium/Full Thrust campaign