Prev: Re: Bab5 fighter figs -- Be jealous! Next: Re: [SG2] Major Sucess, Tactical defeat

Re: Some GMS Thoughts [SG2]

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 16:19:23 -0500
Subject: Re: Some GMS Thoughts [SG2]

Andrew spake thusly upon matters weighty:
> >I don't believe that the ROF on MDCs is enough (its fast, but
> probably not as fast as an RFAC, pulsed HEL or GAC).
>     The Gauss Autocannon (GAC) is similar to Mass Driver Cannon (MDC)
in
> small calibres. The DSII rules suggest that sizes 3+ are single shot
> cannons, while size 1 & 2 are all rapid fire.

If I'm not mistaken, SG2 makes GAC sizes 1 and 2 and MDCs 3-5, thus
more or less being what you just said. So I guess we concur....
Does DS2 allow both GAC 1 & 2 and MDC 1-5 ?

> >My idea of DFFG
> is that it isn't a rotary or high speed cannon as it packs so much
> whack into one shot. Maybe it is... ?
>     It depends really on people's favourite genre as to whether it is
or
> not.

Agreed.

Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: Bab5 fighter figs -- Be jealous! Next: Re: [SG2] Major Sucess, Tactical defeat