Prev: Re: Call for Alternates Next: RE: (SG2] Orbital Insertion (an alternative approach to calculat

Re: [OT] Another Rhomaphillia thread!, was FMC when?

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 10:02:09 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT] Another Rhomaphillia thread!, was FMC when?

>Oerjan Ohlson wrote:
>
>> Well, um. FMC (and FMA) is for skirmishes with individual figures, so
>> you'll have to use some creative basing (or only use your FR!
characters
>> for FMC). It's difficult to remove a single figure from an FR! unit
>> mark casualties (...well, OK, not that difficult if you use a little
>> force, but then you have to glue it back on...)
>
>Right, which is why I'll have to paint the 25mm stuff, right?	That's
>all going to get individually based on the standard 1x1 and 1x2 25mm
>bases--uh, Jon, is that the right basing for 25mm FMC?

Yes, anything around that size will be fine - base sizes won't be that
important for FMA/FMC, though Oerjan is right in that it is mainly for
individual figures. In FMC especially, there are also rules for small
bands
of "followers" (generally up to half-a-dozen low-grade troops in a
bunch)
that act much like single figures, so you can have "cinematic" stuff
like
your Barbarian hero (or heroine) wading through a whole bunch ofgrotty
little goblins, hacking them left and right......

Jon (GZG)