Prev: Re: (SG2] Orbital Insertion (an alternative approach to calculat Next: RE: FT Mission Cards (not only on-topic...but an FT post, too! ;-)

FT Mission Cards (not only on-topic...but an FT post, too! ;-)

From: "I eat like a bird. A large, carnivorous bird." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 11:38:16 -0500 (EST)
Subject: FT Mission Cards (not only on-topic...but an FT post, too! ;-)

Someone (I think Stephen?) asked me a while back to post the mission
cards I came up with to supplement Michael Brown's FT scenario generator
cards. I'm finally getting a chance to do that (and whomever it was who
was complaining about there being WAY too many FT posts and not nearly
enough SGII/DSII posts, I'd like to note that I ain't seen an FT-related
post in *days* ;-P :-) . (of course, I may be blind; that's happened
before,
too, on occasion). Note, unlike Michael's cards, I do not have a 'Force
Level' associated with mine. These are just supplemental cards to
Michael's,
meant to add another layer of complexity to a scenario.

Attacker Card Additions:

		  A11: "Seizing The Advantage"
Mission Parameters: Command has obtained information of the enemy forces
in
the target system. The Defenders set up first in the center of the
table,
and are at speed 5. The Attacker may then set up on the table side of
his
choice. Select another Attack Mission Card.

		  A12: "Precision Strike"
Mission Parameters: Command has decided you MUST destroy the most
massive
ship in the enemy's fleet that you are now encountering. If two or more
enemy ships meet this criteria (eg, two or more are the same Mass and
are
the most massive ones before you), choose one as your Primary Target
(the
one you must destroy). Select another Attack Mission Card.

		  A13: "Hunter, Prey"
Mission Parameters: BuShips has installed on one of your ships (of your
choice) an experimental cloadking device (replace sufficient systems on
your ship to equal 10% of the ship's Mass for the Cloaking Device). The
ship may start the scenario cloaked, but it must predetermine any/ALL
movement and the turn it will uncloak prior to the start of Turn 1 (but
after your opponent sets up). Select another Attack Mission Card.

Defender Card Additions:

		  D11: "Knowledge Is Power"
Mission Parameters: Command let it slip to the enemy information on the
composition of your forces - but not ALL of your forces. You must set up
first, but may withhold upwards of 1/3 of your forces. These will enter
the field of battle on Turn 3 from the tableside of your choice. Select
another Defense Mission Card.

		  D12: "Precision Strike"
Mission Parameters: Command has issued your fleet orders which in effect
translate to the fact you must destroy the 2nd most massive ship in the
enemy's fleet which has just entered the system.If two or more enemy
ships
meet this criteria (eg, two or more are the same Mass and are the most
massive ones before you), choose one as your Primary Target (the one you
must destroy). Select another Defense Mission Card.

		  D13: "Hunter, Prey"
Mission Parameters: (this is identical to A13 above) Select another
Defense
Mission Card.

Mk
-
"Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova. Commander. Daughter of Andre and Sophie
Ivanov. I am the Right Hand of Vengeance...and the boot that is going
to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am Death
incarnate. And the last living thing you are _ever_...going to see.

"God sent me."
				      - Ivanova, "Between the Darkness
						      and the Light"