Prev: Thoughts on SLAMs for SG2 [SG2] Next: Re: [Semi-OT] Aliens Action Fleet toys in UK.

[SG2] Errata and other questions - got any answers?

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 14:03:49 -0500
Subject: [SG2] Errata and other questions - got any answers?

Q1: My QR sheet says the FP of an IAVR is D10. Text description on
Unguided Rockets says D8. Which is the case? (Right now, I've assumed
a good modern IAVR is D10, and an older one is D8, but I'm curious
what the real rule is).

Q2: How do snipers move? This isn't a trick question. If I read the
rules right, he can freely switch between firing positions (after
making a roll and expending an action). But how does the sniper move
his firing points? To shoot and scoot, sometimes he should actually
scoot a good distance. Does he
1) become visible, move normally
2) when done moving, attempt to go into hiding, thus letting him
place new dummies as well
OR
does he move hidden somehow?

Input from those in the know most appreciated. BTW, a list member
came up with some rules for snipers attached to squads. Who is the
guilty party? I liked them. If said person wouldn't mind, I'd like to
see them posted to the Unofficial SG2 page. If said author grants me
permission (or forwards me a copy), I'll produce them and insure
Jeremy Sadler gets a copy for the USG2WWW page. They'll go well with
my spotter rules which I'm cleaning up now.

Tom.

Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Thoughts on SLAMs for SG2 [SG2] Next: Re: [Semi-OT] Aliens Action Fleet toys in UK.