Prev: [Semi-OT] Aliens Action Fleet toys in UK. Next: [OT] FMC when?

Re: 20/25 mm buildings

From: Stuart Murray <smurray@a...>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 13:41:18 -0400
Subject: Re: 20/25 mm buildings

Hi Tom,

Still catching up with mail  but I thought I'd let you know...

>Actually, that is a 25mm Peeve. Why are all 25mm buildings seemingly
>pre-smashed? Armourcast makes a bunch of building fragments. Does
>anyone make 25mm buildings that don't look hokey? The railway guys
>make great stuff, but it isn't in the right scale. Probably the
>ability to work in polystyrene as opposed to resin helps here.
>Although I like the Armourcast stuff (and am ordering more of it, I
>like their new concrete bunker), I would like to be able to build a
>good looking town in 25mm. Ideally with removable roofs and floors so
>one can position the squad inside. You could have excellent urban
>battles. I'm not as anxious as our friends from Oz who built their
>own table sized area with multi-level usable buildings (BTW, are you
>guys ever going to post a picture somewhere?).

I just recently saw some excellent 20mm resin buildings made by The
Queen's
Hussar (UK company).  Although they are 20mm they would be perfectly
usable
for (real) 25mm.  They were in a range of Arnhem style town houses, they
were big three storey houses sectioned such that the roof fifted and
each
section lifted, plus each section had a replacable battle-damaged
alterantive.  I'm not sure on price but I think they were around 20
pounds
each, which although sounds a lot was not bad for what you seemed to
get.
I just had a quick glance through thier catalogue and it seems they make
quite a good range of buildings, both intact and battle damaged.
Although
it's 20mm it may be an alternative worth considering bacuse its quicker
and
easier to buy that scratch build :-)

Stuart.

Stuart Murray

Department Of Molecular Genetics	     Tel: (718) 430 4289
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine	      Fax: (718) 430 8778
1300 Morris Park Avenue 			  email:
smurray@aecom.yu.edu
Bronx
New York 10461

Prev: [Semi-OT] Aliens Action Fleet toys in UK. Next: [OT] FMC when?