Prev: Re: Using PDS as a battery Next: Re: Using PDS as a battery

Re: Using PDS as a battery

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 10:52:15 -0500
Subject: Re: Using PDS as a battery

Kelvin sez:

Its in there and like the Extended Range Salvo Missiles the rules for it
aren't listed in the main description, but in Summary box on page 12.
They
have a maximum range of 6" and only score 1 DP on the roll of a 6 with
no
re-rolls and screens do not affect them.

-Kelvin....

It came up in a game last night (Once again an FSE force emerged
victorious
over an NAC, this time without the assist of my ESU's, though I did
drive
the 2DD/1CL/1EC FSE force. Slow speed around SML's continues to be
sudden
death).

Using the 'you can fire them out rear arc if no cinematic movement
thrust
change', they become a nice added sting when the chips are down, though
I'm
not certain I like the no screen effect. Wish I had known it when my ESU
PDS'd EC found itself alone with SM-spent FSE ships. You DO recall the
fond
description of an ESU SDN transformed into a sparkling cloud of slowly
expanding plasma?

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Using PDS as a battery Next: Re: Using PDS as a battery