Prev: Re: [FT extra rules] Next: [List] I hate to ask

RE: The Kra'Vak

From: "Wasserman, Kurt" <wasku01@m...>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 17:13:14 -0400
Subject: RE: The Kra'Vak

Rather than fleeing an UberAlien race, perhaps the Kra'Vak Exodus can be
explained (heisted) from Niven's Puppeteers.

The KV clan organization is so very long sighted and far thinking that
they
are simply expanding(running) away from the center of the galaxy since
it is
eventually going to flare out and die.	They have a racial direction to
expand and since they know that they have to keep moving outwards AND
that
they have a long time to do it, they can pursue their clan-based
rivalry.
They try and out-do each other and are at each other's throats from time
time but they maintain their racial purpose of expansion.

Or not.  ;)

-=K'rrt

=====SNIP RESULTS======

>I havn't decided on whether or not the K'V are fleeing some great
>menace.  I do know that for whatever reason, their only realistic
>avenue of expansion is into Human space--and any species which produces
>litters of the size they do must expand.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure that I like the 'KV runs from
UberAlien' scheme.  Maybe it seems a bit cliche, or maybe I just haven't

thought of a good UberAlien to run from.  If they have this UberAlien to

run from, why are they so surprised at Human behavior?	Why is human
space
their only expansion axis?  Maybe it's not, but this could be the first
real Threat they have come up against.	And they are worried.  Not only
are
they different looking, they're lunatics.  Maybe the KV think that a
show
of force will settle the Humans down.  Or maybe they're gearing up for
genocide...

Prev: Re: [FT extra rules] Next: [List] I hate to ask