Prev: RE: The Kra'Vak Next: RE: The Kra'Vak

Re: [FT extra rules]

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 09:48:04 +0300 (EEST)
Subject: Re: [FT extra rules]

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, John and Roxanne Leary wrote:

>      Just to keep the discussion alive, try a VERY simple solution.
> Escorts are -1 (to hit) targets.
> Cruisers are 0 (to hit) targets.
> Capitals are +1 (to hit) targets.
> Superships over 100+ mass are either +1 or +2, as you like it.

Well, it's been proposed before, and I see two problems with it:

a) There are no strict classes in FB, and re-intoducing such will just
bring back the "breakpoint designs" from old FT.

b) The FT beam resolution adapts very badly to dice modifiers. +/-1 is a
HUGE modifier because the only way to reasonably assign it is to each
and
every dice.

IMHO, if you want to fidget like this, it's much better to adjust
"effective range to target", e.g. small fast ships are counted to be 4"
farther away than they really are.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	   | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: RE: The Kra'Vak Next: RE: The Kra'Vak