Prev: [SG II] Terminators!! Next: Re: [FT extra rules]

Re: The Kra'Vak

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 21:06:59 -0400
Subject: Re: The Kra'Vak

John Atkinson wrote:

> > They will have deep problems with the human concept of fighting to
the
> > last man without considering surrender.

Well I'm primarily interested in all this (Besides having a large
kra'Vak FT
fleet) due to my Rot Hafen Story. Someone had written an interesting
rule
about Kra'Vak who fail their morale checks in DS/SG. Instead of
surrendiering
they go beserk and automatically assault their source of fire or nearest
enemy.

For a while today I had a hard time reconcilling this rule with teh
surrender
/switch rule described below. I like both and don't want to write
anything in
teh story that goes against "conventional wisdom" here on the list. That
being said..

I think that the surrender/switch rule being the norm for KV/on KV
fights is
great. The fact that they have now encountered the humans which don't
"get"
this way of fighting, has caused them to go into erradication mode.
(Being
that the option of surrender switch has been taken away from the KV in a
human encounter.) They reconcile this by defaulting to fail morale, go
beserk.

This tragic situation will continue until the two sides can learn enough
about each others to understand how they think and to open a dialogue
between
eachotehr. It's made worse by the fact (well it's been suggested in some
corners) that a WORSE enemy is actually driving the KV into human space.
Sems
like the future could be dim for both races if at some point they don't
get
on the same sheet of music.

Los

Prev: [SG II] Terminators!! Next: Re: [FT extra rules]