Prev: Re: data saturation on in future combat Was:rules "inspiration" Next: [FT extra rules]

Re: {SG2] Multiple Weapons Mounts

From: BJCantwell@a...
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 21:26:41 EDT
Subject: Re: {SG2] Multiple Weapons Mounts

In a message dated 10/5/98 5:05:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca writes:

> Now, as I understand it, in DS2, when a multiple weapons mount exists
>  (lets say I had 4 HELS mounted on my AA vehicle), when I fire, I draw

>  chits or make attacks for all of them.
>
>  In SG2, I'm not sure what the procedure for handling such multiple
>  mounts. Let me bring to mind an example I'm thinking of. Assuming we
>  classify a .50 as a SAW... .
>
>  Do I assume Basic firecontrol (D6) + Crew Quality.... (which is, I
>  point out, no more effective than a single .50 mount... and not very
>  effective at all)
>  OR
>  Do I treat it as a manually targetted weapon (Crew Quality + FP)? If
>  this option is chose, do I add 4xD10 as the firepower? I could kill
>  battalions with this!!!!

Battalions were killed with this!  In WWII the quad .50 SP AA (M16 MGMC)
was a
devastating anti-personel weapon.  There are many stories (especially
from the
Ardennes) of an artillery battery and attached AA company holding off
battalion sized infantry assaults.  The 20mm Quads were also greatly
feared as
anti-personel weapons.	I don't see the massive FP bonus as being out of
line
at all.  The vehicle is only going to be able to target one squad at a
time,
but if that squad is caught in the open, then it's in real trouble and
in a
bad spot even if in cover.

Brian

Prev: Re: data saturation on in future combat Was:rules "inspiration" Next: [FT extra rules]