Prev: Some House rules for comment (SFB universe) Next: Re: New Figs!

Re: (OT) Rules "inspiration" (was [OT] Bring and Battle

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 20:50:33 -0500
Subject: Re: (OT) Rules "inspiration" (was [OT] Bring and Battle

Samuel spake thusly upon matters weighty:
> Thinking about it, pre-measuring should be allowed depending on
> tech. If you've got a high tech (SF) force up against low tech
> forces, it might be interesting to see what sort of difference
> the advantage of pre-measuring does give to the high tech player.

Not so much as in other games. In many other wargames, my normal move
is X and my charge or run move is 150% of X. In SG2, your combat move
is dX x 2. That means, if you suck and roll a 1, you go very little
distance. So premeasurement for movement is hard. Now, for fire (with
range bands being deterministic), it would make a difference.

Tom.
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Some House rules for comment (SFB universe) Next: Re: New Figs!