Prev: Stargrunt II Demo Day just 2 weeks away! Next: Re: KV 'house' rules for FB (Was "Fuzzy Wuzzy")

Re: KV 'house' rules for FB (Was "Fuzzy Wuzzy")

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 19:58:13 +0100
Subject: Re: KV 'house' rules for FB (Was "Fuzzy Wuzzy")

Peter Caron wrote:

>	Just my 2 cents.  In our house rules, we mandated that EACH
> railgun required a dedicated fire control system.  This fire control
> system cannot be shared with any other system, not even another
railgun.

This has two effects:

First, the Mass result using the FB design rules is the same as my
(Class
+ 1) Mass scheme for railguns, and has the same problems - ie, R1 and R2
are not only a lot weaker than the bigger weapons, but also than many
non-railgun weapons, without having any real range or set of targets
where they are prominent :-(

Second (and worse, IMO), it makes the railguns *much* more vulnerable to
treshold checks. In effect, each of your guns has to survive two
treshold
rolls in each check - OK, it isn't quite that bad since you can assign
the firecons as you wish each turn (I hope, at least!), but still the
survivability of the railguns drops dramatically :-(

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@nacka.mail.telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Stargrunt II Demo Day just 2 weeks away! Next: Re: KV 'house' rules for FB (Was "Fuzzy Wuzzy")