RE: The Kra'Vak
From: Noah Doyle <nvdoyle@m...>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 23:32:37 -0500
Subject: RE: The Kra'Vak
Sure - Why rule #6? Ammo conservation? I can see a game balance
but from playing against KV (in FT2 only, not FB yet), Human doctrine is
pretty much 'Don't ever, for any reason, get close to a KV ship, or
one to get close to you'. They're supposed to be deadly.
As for #5, the KV models always screamed 'Modify me!'.
From: John and Roxanne Leary [SMTP:email@example.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 1998 10:35 PM
Subject: Re: The Kra'Vak
My (self-appointed) Clan is the Kra'vak_D'rk. I like James
Moores notes/background on his web site. (J. Moore Online: Full Thrust)
I have placed the D'rk as a subclan of one of the major clans listed.
(Which one? I have not yet decided.)
Notes on the D'rk:
1) They are a second or third line clan bucking for promotion.
2) They are (somewhat) heritics as they are interested in alien
techonology. (A very bad thing!)
3) They do not have political pull to get the full compliment of
weapons that a ship class would normally carry. (I.E. Escorts
mostly mount class one, Cruisers class two, and Capitals class
three (but in more limited numbers than a normal kra'Vak ship.)
4) Ships are often acquired thru salvage and repair of battle
damaged ships of other clans. (Mostly thru the low prestige
job of escorting convoys for pay.)
(This allows me to build some interesting ships of truly
5) Clan policy does not allow the firing of more than 2 scatterguns
on single enemy ship. (per turn)
Bye for now,