Prev: Re: GZG FH: Blue water navy. Next: Re: The Kra'Vak,and alien cultures in general

RE: SDBs v. subs

From: Noah Doyle <nvdoyle@m...>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 22:08:54 -0500
Subject: RE: SDBs v. subs

Yoda, eh?
(aside) Hey, load up the Thunderbolts with those Anti-Muppet Munitions!
 Yeah, the Henson-Seekers!  On the bounce!

More on topic, I have been thinking about some of your off-list comments

about subs v. SDBs.  I think I realize why I was I disagreed with some
of
your conclusions.  I'm thinking about the (relatively) low-tech
Traveller
SDBs (Shukugan-class, specifically) that could hide in the oceans & gas
giants, thus obscuring attempts to detect them.  Although, they were
pretty
much blind, themselves.  But it sounds like what you mean are
purpose-built
SDBs, designed to operate in both liquid & vacuum environments.  Very
possible, and scary.  Makes me want to go kitbash one up from a Typhoon
model.

Off topic, PC has become a weapon for both sides to beat the other with.

 It's a term of derision from the right, and a method of stifling debate

and dissent on the left.  Well, on both sides, actually.  At school, it
was
sad.  We had some brilliant profs, who were always in 'trouble' because
the
loonies didn't like any measure of objectivity in historical study.
 Nothing ever came of it ('Horsefeathers', as the college President
would
say), but the time wasted was spectacular.

Noah
a radical centrist moderate, mostly