Prev: Re: [FB] Rules for Fleet Book Kra'Vak Next: Re: still FMA-40k

Re: Splitting the Mailing List Suggestion

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 13:44:42 +0100

Nils Hedglin wrote:

> Hi,
>   I don't want to start a major war here, but I'd like to suggest that
DSII
> & Stargrunt get split off into their own mailing list.  I suggest this
for
> the following reasons:
>
> 1) I don't play Full Thrust, so I'm overwhelmed by the constant
barrage
of
> FT mails that come through the list.	It seems that about every 5
minutes
> I'm having to delete another FT mail.  It's gotten to the point that
I'm
> considering dropping off the list since there is so little DSII
discussion.

Um. This week I disagree. A case in point:

Today's mail download from the FT list included:

5 posts that were about FT only.
20 posts that were about DSII/SGII, or modern military equipment
relating
to DSII/SGII.
22 posts about planetary assault/defence (applicable to both FT and
DSII/SGII).
1 post proposing a split, and 17 replies (this'll be the 18th, or 30th
or
so), and
25 posts about GW's new space attempt, Voltrons etc - ie, no real
relation to any GZG game or to this list.

I have tried to sort the posts according to content, not according to
what the subject line says.

To me, it seems that the posts relating to DSII/SGII are in fact the
biggest part of the on-topic discussions here. This week, that is - next
week it may change.

> 2) A DSII/Stargrunt mailing list might encourage more discussion.

See the figures above. Right now, I think we need to encourage more FT
discussion, not ground-pounder talk ;-)

So my vote is a resounding NO SPLIT :-)

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@nacka.mail.telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FB] Rules for Fleet Book Kra'Vak Next: Re: still FMA-40k