Prev: Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availab Next: Re: Planetary defenses

Re: still FMA-40k

From: Tony Christney <acc@q...>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 16:52:50 -0700
Subject: Re: still FMA-40k

At 06:19 PM 9/28/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Oerjan spake thusly upon matters weighty:
>>
>> In order to inflict serious casualties on the enemy, you have to call
in
>> artillery support - or send in a close assault. Getting artillery
support
>> can take a lot of time and isn't able to handle all situations
anyway, so
>> the close assault gets important.
>
>I take one exception to this comment.
[snip]
>Plus, weapons
>actually have some range.... and good effects vs armour.... hence the
>effect of fire in the game is more pronounced.

The difference being that artillery tends to wipe out whole squads with
one go, whereas infantry fire usually takes several turns...

>Tom.

       Tony Christney
       acc@questercorp.com

  "If the end user has to worry about how the program was
   written then there is something wrong with that program"
				  -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availab Next: Re: Planetary defenses