Prev: Re: Planetary defenses Next: re: planetary invasion

Re: Splitting the Mailing List

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 14:41:12 -0500 (CDT)

You wrote:

>>  I don't want to start a major war here <snip>
>
>Me neither.  Please consider all of my comments as being accompanied
by a >great, big smiley face.

Uh. . .Me Too!	(Normally this should be coming from a webtv or AoHell
account, but I've also got something constructive to say).

First let me say I play DSII a bit more than Full Thrust, but I like
both game systems.  With a deep and burning passion.  They both are
really, really cool, and I worship the ground Jon Tuffley walks on.  ;)
 I also like conversations about the background, the nature of
colonies, planetary defense (which comes into play when linking both
games) and other 'meta' stuff.	In fact the only threads I'm not
following are the Voltron one (who cares?) and the Battlefleet Gothic
one, and that's more coz I can't see myself becoming rich enough to
want to waste my precious mini money on Crap Worksh!^ products.  I
figure they'll be selling scoutships (individually packaged) for about
what KR charges for a superdreadnought.  To hell with that.

>>considering dropping off the list since there is so little DSII
discussion.

>Really?  Where?  Have I been missing them?  :)

OK, in the time I've been attached to this mailing list, the ratio
comes and goes in favor of both games.

>Have you considering that those of us who are mostly interested in FT,
but >do have some passing interest in DSII/SGII will have to subscribe
to both >lists?

Plus the background list, plus the "FT-DS cross over" list that will
host the planetary defense topics.  Plus all the crossposts between
'em.

I move that discussion be tabled until the following events occour.

1)He-who-is-proposing finds somewhere to host the new ML, and
2)NO POOFTAS!
3)He-who-is-proposing finds someone to admin the new ML.

Mind if we call you Bruce?

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Planetary defenses Next: re: planetary invasion