Prev: RE: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availab Next: Re: (OT) Rules "inspiration" (was [OT] Bring and Battle

Re: What Figures are people using for SGII how are you painting

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 18:32:34 -0500
Subject: Re: What Figures are people using for SGII how are you painting

John spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> GZG NSL painted dark green, drybrushed a lighter dark green, splotched

> in brown and tan.

I'd really like to be able to paint a WW2 Splotch Pattern. I have
some cammies in that pattern and it works well and looks sharp. But
hard to paint in 25mm.

> GZG UN in white, inked gray and drybrushed white again, with baby blue

> helmets.

Darn! I thought that was my idea. How do you find inks to use? Can
you use the same brushes as oils or acrylics? How do you thin them? I
have whitened my UN guys, and have the baby blue helmets, but I
couldn't find a good 'shadow' colour - I thought black too dark. I
was leaning towards a light or medium grey, but I don't want to wash
over the white plating... just the articulated areas, to give depth
and detail. Grey ink might be the answer. What brand do you use?

> Everything else--Partha Kurtia Battletroops, LEG Lizard guys, various
> Heartbreaker and Demonblade figs, Global Games Legions of Steel,
> etc.--have only had samples done.  I have to come up with schemes that
> like before I start painting them.

The Battletroops sure are great figures - real 25mm. The only thing
they lack is rucks - too many of the minis made in the last few years
look like they are out for a stroll in the garden. Must use their
apcs to carry all their kit.

Tom.
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009