Prev: Re: Planetary defenses Next: Re: Planetary defenses

Re: Planetary defenses

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 14:16:13 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Planetary defenses

You wrote:

>Planet based fighter groups and missile racks are probably the best
>from a game mechanics point of view.  The planet can launch its
>defense before the attacker can hit them, the defenses don't risk
>being plinked to death from long range.

Point--if you've got moons to play with, whether they be monsters like
Luna or pebbles like Phobos and Deimos, those would seem to me to be
the best place to base fighters.  Less of a gravity well to fight out
of and no nasty atmosphere to slow you down.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Planetary defenses Next: Re: Planetary defenses