Prev: Re: What Figures are people using for SGII how are you painting them? Next: Planetary defenses

Re: Bugs: semi-OT real bug weapons and Los's ant war

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 14:29:46 -0400
Subject: Re: Bugs: semi-OT real bug weapons and Los's ant war

Rob Paul wrote:

>	  There are some cicadas with a special resonator in their
abdomen,
> letting them produce 100dB sound- apparently a tree-ful of them doing
this
> at once is pretty startling.	Perhaps SF-Bugs could use a
screech-weapon to
> drive unprotected figures in a particular direction (eg to some sort
of pen
> to be eaten\parasitised\rescued in due course)?

I maybe be wrong but remember the old Star trek hand disrupters the
klingons used
to carry? Don't they work on a similar principle?

> This is much longer than I intended, so I'll stop there
> Rob

I found this post to be extremely informative, intersting and full of
great ideas.
it's definately a keeper.

Los

Prev: Re: What Figures are people using for SGII how are you painting them? Next: Planetary defenses