Prev: Re: GZG FH: Blue water navy. Next: Re: Review?

Re: What Figures are people using for SGII how are you painting them?

From: Paul Lesack <lesack@u...>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 08:29:57 -0700
Subject: Re: What Figures are people using for SGII how are you painting them?

My FSE troops are painted olive drab, with black, multi-coloured brown
and tan camoflage. Drybrushed/highlighted with the lightest colour in
the camo to bring out detail.

Weapons are basecoated black, then drybrushed dark purple with a very
light highlighting of silver. This gives them a completely synthetic
"SF" feel without resorting to the yellow and black GW paint schemes.

Bases are washers, with dyed spackle (no more white chips), sand/kitty
litter texture	(painted) and flock. If the flock comes off for any
reason, there is dirt underneath the grass.

My FSE vehicles are airbrushed brown and green camo, with the skirts on
the GEVs battered, rusted and with bare metal showing through (a la
Hammer's Slammers).

For my budding NAC army, I was thinking black and grey camo - sort of
urban camo.

My PA will be painted in various garish and conspicuous colours,
possibly sporting art like WWII plane nose art.

All my figures are GZG with the notable exception of a GW Sisters of
Battle squad, which will be painted last.

Paul

Prev: Re: GZG FH: Blue water navy. Next: Re: Review?