Prev: Re: (OT) Rules "inspiration" Next: Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

RE: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 21:10:04 +1000
Subject: RE: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

-----Original Message-----
From: Ground Zero Games [mailto:jon@gzero.dungeon.com]

>roughly balancing ad-hoc games; how many people would be happy with
>achieving this in a non-points-based way, such as suggested here?

Count me in.

With every points system I've seen suggested for SG so far (Phil
Pournelle's
quite good one included, hey we do like it, so much so that the
Expansion
Campaign uses it to game turn results) there arises the Min/Maxers!!
Those
people who don't look for a balanced force but the most Points/Cost
effective. They rely on the points to win the game not skill and forget
the
fun approach.

Owen (Grumpy)

Prev: Re: (OT) Rules "inspiration" Next: Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle