Prev: Re: Bugs Next: Re: [SG2] Base textures ...Was: What Figures are people using for SGII how are you painting them?

Re: [MISC] Point Systems

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 02:35:08 GMT
Subject: Re: [MISC] Point Systems

On Thu, 24 Sep 1998 12:01:01 -0400 (EDT), Rick Rutherford
<rickr@nimbus.skycache.com> wrote:

>>	Stargrunt II needs a point system.
>>
>>	Why, you ask?  Or scream, as the case may be?  Because people
THINK
>> that it does.  Does that make any sense at all?  Probably not, so let
>> me explain.
>
>Actually, it does make sense -- perception is more important than
reality,
>after all. That's why marketing works...

I have to agree with Rick. As much as I don't like most point systems
(they
are all flawed to some degree) I do use them, at least for early games.
For
new players who have trouble figuring out what's balanced and what
isn't, it
really helps.

It can be frustrating playing an unbalanced game where one side never
had a
chance, especially if you play infrequently. Frequent gamers don't have
that
much of a problem.

Yes, I agree that SG2 needs a point system. Why? Because enough gamers
have
asked for one. Give the customer what he wants...

Allan Goodall	       agoodall@sympatico.ca

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: Bugs Next: Re: [SG2] Base textures ...Was: What Figures are people using for SGII how are you painting them?