Prev: Re: Call For Players Next: Re: Bugs

Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 20:12:54 -0400
Subject: Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

>In a message dated 9/24/98 10:29:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>jjarrard@ford.com writes:
>
>> John Crimmins wrote:
>>  >
>>  > I jusr finished designing a game called "Destroy All Monsters!",
for
>>  > playing battles between giant monsters (of the sort that are
usually
>>  > portrayed by guys in rubbber suits).
>>
>>  Any chance you might post those rules?
>Yes please, I went out and bought a Godzilla figure collection for a
DSII
>battle and have not played DSII since. I'd like to see the stats you
came up
>with if you don't mind sharing.
>
>Mike J. Murtha

I just finished them off last week, and have not had a chance to
actuallt
playtest them yet.  If all goes well, I'll be doing that tomorrow night.
If the game is, in fact, playable I shall post it on my (currently
empty)
web page, along with some pictures.

The game mechancics are based, in a vague sort of fashion, on the Shock
Force rules--attacks are resolved with handfulls of opposed d6 rolls.
The
only real goal that I had was to make a system that was easy, fast, and
playable, while avoiding the use of any charts or chits.  The monsters
themselves will be big 25mm figures; mostly old D&D monsters, and some
Grenadier Cthulhu figures.

This all came about because I used Bartertown--an online site for people
who want to trade GW figs--to accumulate a ton of the old cardboard
buildings from Space Marine.  I have enough, when used with Geo-Hex
Cityscape Cloth, to cover a BIG table with urban terrain.  I am really
looking forward to being able to do DSII on this table....

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: Call For Players Next: Re: Bugs