Prev: RE:[MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle Next: Re: [GZG] The Indonesian Commonwealth

RE: RE:[MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 19:27:14 +1000
Subject: RE: RE:[MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

-----Original Message-----
From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio [mailto:maxxon@swob.dna.fi]

>I don't agree. FT is simple enough. SGII isn't. I can learn a simple,
>elegant system well enough in one go.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I give up. Really I do. I surrender. If you say that
FT is
simple and SG isn't then we'll have to leave it at that. I read thru the
SG
Rules twice during a week and weekend and then started playing. I did
the
same thing with FT.

>> Under these circumstances I dare say Bring'n'Battle is certainly not
an
>> appropriate way to game!?
>
>Au contraire. It's almost the only way to play. I can say: "We're
playing
>FT in two weeks. Make sure you have a 2000 point fleet ready." and
presto!
>half my preparation workload is delegated elsewhere.

OK, I fibbed, I almost give up. Sorry, I'm sure your argument in a
previous
post was that Bring'n'Battle was just turning up and playing with what
you
had. What you described in the paragraph above is a preplanned game. Not
Bring'n'Battle by your earlier definition. I get the impression you are
back
to the Points value argument.

Now I really really, REALLY give up.

Owen (the Defeated)

Prev: RE:[MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle Next: Re: [GZG] The Indonesian Commonwealth