Prev: RE: RE:[MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle Next: Re: (OT) Rules "inspiration" (was [OT] Bring and Battle

RE: RE:[MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 10:00:18 +0100
Subject: RE: RE:[MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

>This is going to make me sound even worse, but the chits are
>the reason I
>could never play DSII.  A shame really, it looked like such a
>good game.
>Just give me dice to throw that is all I want.

You need a copy of DSI then, lotta dice, few tables, NO CHITS
or COUNTERS its more FT like than DSII in that you can
brain dump the rules after a few plays. I still play it for
those very reasons.

Now its LONG out of print of course. It would be *nice* if perhaps
GZG do what a lot of SW companies do which is to give away an
old version of a program on a magazine in the hope that you
will buy the new version. DSI could be easily given away
on the WWW with no cost (all you need is a scanner and some OCR)
It can't at the moment as it would violate the copyright.

tim jones
--------

Prev: RE: RE:[MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle Next: Re: (OT) Rules "inspiration" (was [OT] Bring and Battle