Prev: RE: RE:[MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle Next: Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availability

Re: SV: [SG2] You'll never take me alive,... [OT]

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 10:06:18 +0300 (EEST)
Subject: Re: SV: [SG2] You'll never take me alive,... [OT]

On Wed, 23 Sep 1998, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> Exactly. But where the criminals get their weapons isn't very
important -
> what *is* important is that the weapons are available, and get used.
Not
> that often, but, well... far too often. Even once would be far too
often.

Well, as a shooter, I think it is. Because the typical politician
knee-jerk reaction to high profile cases like this is to propose more
gun
control laws.

> I fully agree. The original statement, however, was something like
> "...criminals use all kinds of weapons from popguns to assault
rifles."
> *This* is what John A. called a "myth" - or at least what I percieved
him
> calling a myth - and it is what I (strongly) disagree with. The entire
> spectrum exists.

Agreed. I'm not going to second-guess what he meant...

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	   | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: RE: RE:[MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle Next: Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availability