Prev: RE: [GZG] The Indonesian Commonwealth Next: Re: FT tactics?

Scenario cards (was: RE: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle)

From: "Well, it's sort of like having fun, only different" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 00:55:38 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Scenario cards (was: RE: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle)

If you'll indulge me a moment, I'd like to drift back to the original
thrust (so to speak) of this thread:

Tom replies to:
>Tom spake thusly upon matters weighty:
>
>> Scenarios are a lot of fun, and I enjoy playing them, but they take
>> work.  They take time to design them; time that I do not have.
>
>That's why you try to build up a collection of scenario cards so you
>can just pull a couple of cards and run a battle.

I have been meaning to respond to this, but have been just too swamped
with other things lately (work, life, etc).

Michael Brown has a very nice web page out there with scenario cards
already
made up. I have taken them and added about a half dozen more of my own
own.
In my card deck I doubled up on all of his scenario cards, with my own
additions also doubled. I have used these on a number of occassions and
they
work fine for putting together scenarios on the fly. Hell, I even
sometimes
use them for ideas when I'm just *designing* scenarios! :)

The URL for Michael's scenario generation cards is:

     http://www.wco.com/~mkkabrow/scenario.htm

They were originally designed with FT2 in mind, not FT2.5, but it should
really not be much of a problem to adapt them. Least I haven't had any
problems with that.

Mk
-
"Well, it's done...it's happened. The stars...are clear. The
planets...shine.
We've won. Oh, some dark force no doubt will show it's face once more.
The
wheel will always.....turn. But for now...it's calm. And for a little
time,
at least, we can rest."
			     - The Emperor, "Starcrash"

Prev: RE: [GZG] The Indonesian Commonwealth Next: Re: FT tactics?