Prev: [OT] Ants, Bugs & GZG Next: RE: Bugs

RE: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availability

From: Noah Doyle <nvdoyle@m...>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 23:32:54 -0500
Subject: RE: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availability

-----Original Message-----
From:	Niall Gilsenan [SMTP:ngilsena@indigo.ie]
Sent:	Wednesday, September 23, 1998 10:15 AM
To:	FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
Subject:	Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA

availability

Niall writes:

Now you know there are no Irish nuclear weapons...

>Of course the retaliation from the USSR effectively expunges the
nation.

On a complete tangent is it true that Australian special forces were
recently authorised to make use of steroids and other performance
enhancing
drugs usually used by athletes (illegally)?

If it is this gives me a vision of the OU police forces shunning power
armour in favour of being doped up to the gills with boosters and pain
killers?  Cheaper than power armour I suppose.

On one other point whats happened to the Indonesian Commonwealth in FT?
I'd nearly forgotten about them but they strike me as being important
minor
players in the overall scheme of things.

>--
>aebrain@dynamite.com.au     <> <>    How doth the little Crocodile
>| Alan & Carmel Brain|      xxxxx	 Improve his shining tail?

I thought he meant Australian nukes - do they have any?  I can't
remember
if they're a member if the 'club' or not...

Anyway, the idea of having an OUDF specforce that uses biotech instead
of
PA would be interesting - drag out a few GW minis (suitably musclebound
in
contrast to the usual SG stuff) and use them.  Or some other slightly
larger-scale minis.  I think that would add some flavor to the game.
They
would have increased move, close combat, maybe armor, to represent
'toughening'.  Could be justified by the enormous variety of
environments
that the OUDF would be expected to operate in: tropical jungle, desert,
aquatic, etc.  A grafted-out SEAL-type might do the trick better than a
PA
trooper.  Give him gills, and watch out!

Noah

Prev: [OT] Ants, Bugs & GZG Next: RE: Bugs