Prev: Re: SHIP PICS Next: Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availab

Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

From: tom.anderson@a...
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 12:52:30 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

 ---- schoon wrote:
> As I understand it, SYSTEMS cannot be copywrited

here is an irrelevant aside:

as i understand it, this used to be true of software, and may still be.
when the scientists at the stanford ai lab developed a new algorithm,
they would build a piece of hardware that implemented it, and patent
that. if anyone copied their software, they could sue for breach of the
privileges of the patent on the hardware.

however, i think with World Intellectual Property Agreement (WIPO) is
about to be / has been signed, and so the law pertaining to this sort of
thing (games included) may all change.

Tom

Prev: Re: SHIP PICS Next: Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availab