Prev: RE: Acquiring mini spiders and Ants for your DS scenarios. Next: Re: Gun laws etc / Was Re: SV: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:

Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availability

From: Niall Gilsenan <ngilsena@i...>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 16:14:55 +0100
Subject: Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availability

At 21:50 23/09/98 +1000, you wrote:
>Tim Jones wrote:
>>
>> >or for that matter, Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov.
>>
>> <confused>
>> Lenin?
>> </confused>
>
>Yes.
>
>A.Bertram Chandler wrote an interesting "alternate History" of
>Australia, assuming the Kelly-led insurrection became a full-scale
Irish
>Revolt. Australia did a 1776, with the capital at Glenrowan (where the
>Final Battle took place historically, and not a million miles away from
>Canberra, the current capital BTW).
>
>Glenrowan ends up Nuking (as in H-bomb) Hanoi when some Australian
>nurses are massacred in the 68 Tet offensive. Very Excitable, the new
>Irish :)

Now you know there are no Irish nuclear weapons...

>Of course the retaliation from the USSR effectively expunges the
nation.

On a complete tangent is it true that Australian special forces were
recently authorised to make use of steroids and other performance
enhancing
drugs usually used by athletes (illegally)?

If it is this gives me a vision of the OU police forces shunning power
armour in favour of being doped up to the gills with boosters and pain
killers?  Cheaper than power armour I suppose.

On one other point whats happened to the Indonesian Commonwealth in FT?
I'd nearly forgotten about them but they strike me as being important
minor
players in the overall scheme of things.