Prev: Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availability Next: RE: PA availability, was: [semi OT] Women wargamers

Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availab

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 22:22:39 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availab

You wrote:

>Some SWAT teams have BA better than military BA with full steel or
>ceramic inserts and full torso, neck, head, groin, and thigh
>protection and ballistic kneegaurds. And some SWAT snipers have

They don't have to lug their junk nearly as far as soldiers have to.  I
might even go as far as d10 (in SG terms) armor which is unpowered, but
which exhausts the troops rapidly.

>> 4) Military	Indistinguishable from the local military. (Banana
Republics, >> Soviet KGB Border Guards/ Customs Guards) Probably less
(or no) >> artillery/armor support though....

>US MPs?

Or Brit.  Remember that US MPs have no rpt no law enforcement authority
except when dealing with military personell, when on federal property
(IIRC, this is restricted to military bases, but don't quote me on it),
and when an area is under martial law or in a combat zone.

John M. Atkinson