Prev: Re: OT: WWII carriers, was:FTFB- After Action Report/Newbie questions Next: Consim World

RE: [OT] Babylon 5 combat simulation game

From: Noah Doyle <nvdoyle@m...>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 21:22:42 -0500
Subject: RE: [OT] Babylon 5 combat simulation game

It does look pretty - apparently using a real physics model, as opposed
the Wing Commander P-51-in-space model (grrrrrrr...).  Well, there is
some
hope for capital ship fans (we lucky few) - Independence War (out in
Europe/UK as IWar, IIRC).  You have a frigate/corvette, with a bunch of
guns & missiles, and it apparently uses something approaching real
physics.
 Now, if we could get an AI that handles 3d combat...

Noah