Prev: Re: [FT universe] Next: RE: PA availability, was: [semi OT] Women wargamers

[Rules/OT] Shockforce?

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 20:26:00 +0100
Subject: [Rules/OT] Shockforce?

Hi all,

I just got hold of a copy of DBI's Shockforce rulebook. Interesting
little
system if a bit lightweight and over-simplified (but probably popular
with
some players for precisely that reason), but my real reason for this
post
concerns the design/points system. I know from previous posts that a
number
of list members play this, and given that the points system in SF is in
some ways like some of the ideas that list members have suggested for
possible SG/FMA design systems, I wondered if anyone had any long-term
experiences with this?
Specifically, has anyone done any kind of number-crunching excercise of
the
SF design values to see if it hangs together under player-induced stress
or
munchkinism, ie: have the values for the equipment/figure capabilities,
advantages and disadvantages actually been worked out numerically or are
they just rule-of-thumb numbers?
Please note I'm not asking this in order to knock another game system,
but
out of genuine curiosity while we're developing FMA and other stuff.....

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: [FT universe] Next: RE: PA availability, was: [semi OT] Women wargamers