Prev: Re: SGII tanks and such.. Next: OT: M113 ACAV and Hammer's Slammers

Re: GZG:(FB) ADFC question

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 09:11:39 +0200
Subject: Re: GZG:(FB) ADFC question

Binhan Lin wrote:

> In designing a cruiser along the lines of an Aegis class,
> (armed with SML's and PDF"s) I had a question about
> multiple ADFC's.  If a cruiser has 2 ADFC's can it cover
> two adjacent ships?

Yes.

>  If so would this give rise to dedicated
> Aegis type ships armed with six or seven PDAF's and a
> couple or three ADFC's?

Could do, yes. I haven't had much luck with such designs, though - they
tend to be prime targets for enemy beam fire, so I prefer to have
several
escort cruisers with an ADFC, some three or four PDS and some beam
weapons instead. Multi-role ships leave me a lot less vulnerable to
losing key units.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@nacka.mail.telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: SGII tanks and such.. Next: OT: M113 ACAV and Hammer's Slammers