Prev: RE: FTFB- After Action Report/Newbie questions (longish :-) ) Next: Re: FTFB- After Action Report/Newbie questions (longish :-) )

RE: [really OT]MREs & PA

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 20:28:27 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: RE: [really OT]MREs & PA

You wrote:

>But why does the Chicken with Rice taste like tuna?  I find this
>disturbing.  At least they give you Tabasco to provide some taste...

I do not find this disturbing in the least.  I trade these revolting
items to SGT Rico for Frankfurters, Beef.  If he's happy and I'm happy,
then who am I to ask silly questions?

>As far as PA goes, if things are bad (hot, contaminated, under fire)
you'd  >probably have a food tube.  But in better conditions, the

IMHO, if I were under fire, I'd be concentrating on teaching the rude
individuals who don't know to knock off for lunch some basic etiquette
rather than consuming sustenance.  But your point re: NBC is quite
valid.

helmet or some	>part of it probably opens to allow some fresh air and
access to your mouth.  > Just remember to damp down the strength
enhancement before brushing your  >teeth...

Visors make sense.  If only for recruiting posters and propaganda
movies wherein the heroic Digenes Akratai slays entire army of Muslim
invaders without mussing his hairdo.

John M. Atkinson