Prev: Re: [FT universe] Next: RE: [semi OT] Women wargamers

Re: GZG List? FT Asteroids, anyone?

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 14:37:52 +0300 (EEST)
Subject: Re: GZG List? FT Asteroids, anyone?

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Jared E Noble wrote:

> For fun, when the rock splits determine it's new course and speed by a
d12
> clock face for course and 2d6 (or even 3d6 if vicious) minus asteroid
size.
> If using vector movement, ADD this amount to the previous vector prior
> the split.  Do not assume collision with an asteroid is automatically
fatal
> - for every size point of the asteroid that hits you, your ship takes
1d6
> damage.  Big ships could survive impacts by a few small asteroids
> ("Asteroids do not concern me admiral, I want that ship").

Sounds like an interesting idea, but how are you going to *accurately*
determine collision with vector movement? In a game like this, it's
going
to be a *very* crucial element.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	   | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: [FT universe] Next: RE: [semi OT] Women wargamers