Prev: Re: FTFB- After Action Report/Newbie questions (longish :-) ) Next: Re: [FT universe]

Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers

From: "Christopher E. Ronnfeldt" <zephyr@t...>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 02:20:38 -0700
Subject: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers

tom.anderson@altavista.net wrote:

>  ---- the redoubtable john atkins wrote:
>
> > Pet Peeve:	Eyesight has not been that big a deal since they
invented
> > eyeglasses.  I speak from the perspective of a man with 20/400
vision
> > in one eye and 2/200 in the other.
>
> ok, sorry about all that. i already stand corrected on that one.
incidentally, what does 20/400 and 2/200 mean? we don't use that scheme
of measurement in the uk. we have diopters. i don't know how many
diopters my specs are. anyway, point taken. i do remember that in Full
Metal Jacket (going once more to fictional sources ...) half the
characters had specs.

20/x for vision means that an object 20 feet from you looks as
clear/sharp/focused as it would for a person w/ normal eyesight at 'x'
feet.

Prev: Re: FTFB- After Action Report/Newbie questions (longish :-) ) Next: Re: [FT universe]