Prev: Re: [semi OT]PA & various B.S..was Women wargamers Next: RE: PA availability, was: [semi OT] Women wargamers

Re: Air Cav

From: "Paul O'Grady" <paulog@o...>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 14:14:58 +1000
Subject: Re: Air Cav

I've played an interesting game using Air Cav..basically an airmobile
delaying action against an large armoured column with Mdm Arty Spt and 3
AD
vehicles.  I had 2 Airmobile INF Platoons in Battle Taxi type VTOLs, A
gunship troop a 3 VTOLS with Hvy GMS and a troop of light recon type
vehicles.

It was a great game for me as the VTOL player.	The board was littered
with
burning armour.  As we use limited visibility rules, the airmobile INF
could land, move forward, engage and withdraw very quickly, leapfrogging
eachother.  The gunships established a nice position behind a feature
from
which they could "pop up".  They were eventuallyforced out of there by
Arty, but by then the damage was done and victory was assured.	Total
VTOL
losses...1 gunship and 2 transports (unfortunately they were loaded with
grunts though).

Very different using VTOLs to attack and disembark troops into a hot LZ
though !

Paul
paulog@one.net.au

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And
can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Prev: Re: [semi OT]PA & various B.S..was Women wargamers Next: RE: PA availability, was: [semi OT] Women wargamers