Prev: Re: Re; [OT] Women wargamers -longish Next: Echoes of Honor

Re: [FT universe] was [URL] New Star and Campaign Maps

From: Thomas.Granvold@E... (Tom Granvold)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 09:16:33 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT universe] was [URL] New Star and Campaign Maps

>	Very true.  Keep in mind that within a sphere 200
>	light-years in radius contains approximately
>	83,775 stars.  Thats a *lot* of stars.
>
>	( stellar density in our part of the galaxy is
>	roughly one star per 400 cubic light years )

    Where does one find such data?  I'm particulary interested in the
density of stars in star clusters.  If the density is high enough then
one doesn't need FTL at all.  It might take several months to go from
star to star which makes an interesting campaign setting.

Enjoy,
Tom Granvold				<thomas.granvold@eng.sun.com>

Prev: Re: Re; [OT] Women wargamers -longish Next: Echoes of Honor