Prev: Re: Fighter Question Next: Saving private ryan

Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 02:11:59 +0100
Subject: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish

At 12:03 13/09/98 -0400, you wrote:

>yes, this is a local figure who we all learn about in primary school.
she
was a queen of the Iceni, a local briton tribe, who generally gave the
romans a hard time and sacked the town, which i think at the time was
the
roman capital.

>her camp was nearby, and it is my personal (and incorrect) belief that
it
was at wivenhoe, where i live. in fact, i have located her command
centre
in the beer garden of the Greyhound pub, where i and some colleagues
have
made several in-depth studies ...

>Tom

	As a Roman (fan) I'm very interested in seeing this barbarian
den of
iniquity if I ever get to Britain again.

	Tony.
	twilko@ozemail.com.au

Prev: Re: Fighter Question Next: Saving private ryan