Prev: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish Next: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2.

Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 23:00:40 +0200
Subject: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish

Chuck wrote:

> It seems a little odd to me that everyone appears to be using
fictional
> proof for their theory on female command ability.

We don't. We use fictional proof to contradict the first one who used
fictional proofs for *his* theory on female command ability <g>

> Granted there are not a
> whole lot of non-fiction examples to look at but basing a conclusion
on
> some one elses idea in a story would appear to cast into doubt the
> conclusion.
>	Joan of Arc was an incredible leader.  Of course being on a
mission
from
> God probably did not hurt :).  Off the top of my head I can not think
of
> many others.

Kristina Sture - led the defence of Stockholm during its siege by the
Danish in 1520 after the death of her husband. Betrayed during peace
negotiations :-(

Sichelgaita of Apulia, married to the great NORMAN (*NOT* Lombard - for
shame, John! ;-) She was a Lombard, though) lord Robert Guiscard,
conqueror of Sicily, scourge of the ("Byzantine") Empire and a lot of
other more or less nice things <g>

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@nacka.mail.telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish Next: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2.