Prev: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish Next: Re: OT[DS2]TD Design

[OT] Re: Miniature Wargaming can be HAZARDOUS to your health!

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 14:58:33 -0500
Subject: [OT] Re: Miniature Wargaming can be HAZARDOUS to your health!

Allan spake thusly upon matters weighty:

wouldn't some decent gloves (or at least one on the holding hand) do
the trick? Or using a modeller's vise to hold while you cut?

> On Wed, 09 Sep 1998 20:24:07 -0700, Michael Brown <mkkabrow@wco.com>
wrote:

> >This spring I had two stiches in the web between my left thimb and
> > finger... the Xacto knife slipped and went in about 1cm.  DON"T Cut
toward
> > your hand!
>
> When I trim, I cut towards my thumb in a paring motion. The control is
quite
> good (at least for me). So how do I save my thumb from being cut to
ribbons? A
> local store (Lee Valley Tools) sells green "tape." It's not really all
that
> sticky to anything but itself, but it's a fairly thick mesh material.
A few
> layers of that, and even an Exacto knife won't get through.
>

> Allan Goodall 	 agoodall@sympatico.ca
>
> "We come into the world and take our chances
>  Fate is just the weight of circumstances
>  That's the way that Lady Luck dances
>  Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish Next: Re: OT[DS2]TD Design