Prev: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish Next: FTII/MT vs. FB

Re: [DS2] Hammers Slammers advocacy wars (from various other threads)

From: "Alex Shvarts, Andrew & Brian Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 21:26:32 +1200
Subject: Re: [DS2] Hammers Slammers advocacy wars (from various other threads)

Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@Smallworld.co.uk> wrote:
>The are many other aspects of the Slammers' universe that we have
>not been able to cover here, such as the use of centrally-directed
>fire from the hovertanks as point-defence against artillery fire,
>the "Calliope" multiple 3cm powergun
>vehicles used for AAA defence and so on.
>The flexibility and simple mechanisms of DIRTSIDE II should however
>permit you to fit in these and any other systems that you may wish to
use.

>there you have the final word - Experiment and have fun!

Thanks for the quote, Tim!
    Another variant was the use of powerguns as artillery by reflecting
powergun beam off clouds, as described by one of my friends. At the
moment,
I don't know how to simulate that at this time!
    Powergun AAA can be easily simulated, by fitting twin powerguns in a
turret (and multiplying point value by ten - once we decide on a points
value!).

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/

Prev: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish Next: FTII/MT vs. FB