Prev: Re: Background Star Maps Next: Re: [DS2]TD Design

Re: Optional Core Systems Hits (was: Re: FB designs and SLMs)

From: Off the beaten path I reign <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 15:03:42 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Optional Core Systems Hits (was: Re: FB designs and SLMs)

>>>Also, we found that rolling for *each* Core System gave there
>>>being a higher
>>>chance of any one of them going on the first threshold run
>>>(the odds of rolling
>>>a 6 with three die are significantly higher than with just
>>>one). So typically
>>>when we do use them we only roll once for the Core Systems,
>>>and if a Threshold
>>>Check fails, roll to see which *one* of the Core Systems bit it.
>>
>>Good house rool. this reminds me a bit of the way Silent Death
>>did it, their crits system was good.
>
>I like this idea - it'll limit crits a bit more.  One thing - isn't a
+1
>added to the current threshold number for these "crits" - according to
>the second paragraph in this section of the FB.  This makes it
impossible
>to receive a critical hit until one starts checking on for the second
and
>subsequent threshold points.

Aye, that's correct, matey. But once you hit that second threshold check
row (which is, in effect, first for the core systems), then things start
potentially happenin' quickly...

Mk
---
If the conquest of a great peak brings moments of exultation and bliss,
which in the monotonous, materialistic existence of modern times nothing
else can approach, it also presents great dangers.  It is not the goal
of
*grand alpinisme* to face peril, but it is one of the tests one must
undergo to deserve the joy of rising for an instant above the state of
crawling grubs.
				       -Lionel Terray, 1965

Prev: Re: Background Star Maps Next: Re: [DS2]TD Design