Prev: Background Star Maps Next: oops - addr correction! (was: Announcing: The GZG - East Coast...)

Re: Optional Core Systems Hits (was: Re: FB designs and SLMs)

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 09:19:58 -0700
Subject: Re: Optional Core Systems Hits (was: Re: FB designs and SLMs)

Off the beaten path I reign <KOCHTE@stsci.edu> wrote:

[snippage]

>Also, we found that rolling for *each* Core System gave there being a
higher
>chance of any one of them going on the first threshold run (the odds of
>rolling
>a 6 with three die are significantly higher than with just one). So
typically
>when we do use them we only roll once for the Core Systems, and if a
Threshold
>Check fails, roll to see which *one* of the Core Systems bit it.

I've got to agree with Mark on this one. Even a 1 in 6 chance on the
second
threshold check amounts to a 50% chance that at least one is going to go
out.

I'd rather win - or loose - a game on skill, as opposed to 1 or two bad
rolls on my Superdread

[snipped interesting rules]

I'll have to experiment with these before I can comment on them.

Schoon

Prev: Background Star Maps Next: oops - addr correction! (was: Announcing: The GZG - East Coast...)