Prev: Re: [MISC] Shock Force Next: Re: FB designs and SLMs

Re: [DS2]TD Design

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 14:05:32 +0300 (EEST)
Subject: Re: [DS2]TD Design

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Alex Shvarts, Andrew & Brian Martin wrote:
>	  A turret mount weapon occupies size class * 3 capacity.
>	  A hull mount weapon occupies size class * 2 capacity.
>     Therefore you can put more things into a vehicle with a hull
mount, or a
> bigger main gun. A points cost differential isn't really required, as
the
> capacity difference makes the difference.

I don't quite agree. I usually end up with extra space anyway (and no,
taking a smaller hull is not the answer due to the armor limit).

> (increase signature die size). Using a smaller chassis is not the WWII
> German design method.

Hetzer doesn't count? Anyway, it's a matter of definitions...

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	   | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: [MISC] Shock Force Next: Re: FB designs and SLMs