Prev: Re: [OT] Re: GenCon UK mini-report Next: Re: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...]

Re: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...]

From: MJMurtha@a...
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 19:02:48 EDT
Subject: Re: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...]

jon@gzero.dungeon.com writes:

>  I would assume she means she's going to stop doing B5 conventions,
not stop
>  altogether. At UKGC, she was there with the crew from the proposed(?)
new
>  TV SF series "First Frontier", which she's apparently signed up for.
As to
>  the pictures/posters, at UKGC she was charging for the photos, but
with the
>  money going to the John Wayne cancer charity; stuff brought along by
>  attendees was being signed free.
>
>  Jon (GZG)

Most, if not all of the cast of B5 that I have had sign autographs were
donating the proceeds to one charity or another, and many like CC signed
the
first item free. I'm not really an autograph hound so I'm not sure if
this is
common pratice among sci-fi/fantasy stars but it is refreshing after
hearing
tales of some sports legends autograph prices.

Mike J. Murtha

Prev: Re: [OT] Re: GenCon UK mini-report Next: Re: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...]